Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On my laptop I have a human hair stuck almost halfway up my LCD Screen. It is under the screen.?

Is there someway I can get it out of there. BTW , the laptop is a Dell Inspiron 9300 with an LCD 17" Screen.



On my laptop I have a human hair stuck almost halfway up my LCD Screen. It is under the screen.?

Oh, I hate it when that happens! Hopefully you still have warranty on it, as the 9300 is an older system that is no longer on the website. You only noticed it now? or has it been there forever?



Give Dell tech a call and give them your service tag, they will be able to tell you if it's under warranty.



If it's still under warranty, you could get another one sent to you and installed by a tech if you have next business day coverage... OR... if you have Return to Depot, and are still under warranty, Dell techs will help you set up the delivery and you will have to send it in to Solectron for servicing (takes about 5 days there and back).



You could take it into a local tech shop if you like, as the warranty is NOT void if someone else takes it apart... but don't attempt to do it yourself. You don't want to be taking apart the layers of the LCD.



On my laptop I have a human hair stuck almost halfway up my LCD Screen. It is under the screen.?

You should call Dell and tell them, coz the lcd screens on laptops consist of a few different layers that are held together with a metal strip. it's virtually air tight. so if you have a human hair stuck in the screen, it's very likely that it was there at the time it was getting manufactured.



unfortunatley the screen can't be taken apart without being destroyed, so Don't try pulling it apart. just call Dell.



by the way, no other computer shop/service agent is allowed to repair dell notebooks, so you Must call Dell.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment